Sunday 13 December 2009

Been busy for Charity

So sorry for the lack of posts, I do have a good excuse, I have been working on some stationery for a very special event this evening.
In March this year, some friends of mine had twin baby girls, Amelia and Chloe. Unfortunately Chloe has a condition called segmental facial haemangioma, which is a type of tumour of the blood vessels. You can read more about Chloe here
So tonight I am attending Chloe's Appeal Winter Wonderland Ball to try and rasie lots of funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital and Leeds General Infirmary. These are both places where Chloe has spent a lot of time over the last few months.
I was asked to make the tickets and table stationery for the event and I was delighted to help out. I haven't charged anything for doing this (even though they offered to pay) as I would rather the money go to the charity. The theme for the ball is Winter Wonderland with a touch of pink.
These are the tickets I designed. The top one is different as it is a Table Ticket for 10 people, you could buy individual tickets or a table for 10 people. I have printed the wording out and then stamped the snowflake from Wondrous Gift in Pretty in Pink and then added a little bit of glitter glue in the middle! Now I can tell you that I had to make approx 225 tickets and each has an average of 9 or 10 snowflakes on it!!!! You do the maths!!!
Here are the table names that I have done

And this is what I have spent most of the weekend doing!! A table plan for 23 tables!!!!!

I am sat on the Away in a Manger table!!!


Well I had better go nd get myself ready for the ball!
If you feel like you would like to make a donation for Chloes Appeal
please visit the Just Giving page and its very easy. Please say I sent you if you do!
Thanks
Jules xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow Julie
    they look brill hun,sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truely are an amazing lady Jules, This are gorgeous. Hope you all have fun tonight and enjoy the fact you are all helping two great places, Hugs Sarah b X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!

    I hope you all had a fantastic night and that you raised lots of money

    Bx

    ReplyDelete