Monday 22 August 2011

Bekka's Birthday Card

Good morning - its sunny again -Yeah!!!

On Saturday it was my dear friend and fellow SU Demo Bekka's birthday. I tried something different on her card!! Well 2 things actually!!

Firstly I inked the embossing folder, Elegant Bouquet with Crumb Cake ink using the brayer and achieved the lovely effect of the embossed parts "popping" out as the ink does not take hold of these bits.

I also tried making a ribbon type rose with the Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon. My friend Victoria makes really good ones, mine is very slap dash but I tried my best for a first attempt!!!

I even sewed a large button on the middle with some linen thread!! Get me, sewing by hand on a card!! The leaves are from the Little LEaves die and the sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations set, still firm favourite!

Bekka received the card OK and I think it was all in one piece!!!!

I will be beck tomorrow to show you a card I made for Allie, one of my wonderful downline for her birthday which is today - Have a lovely day Allie!!

Jules
x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
2. Papers –
3. Stamps – Sincere Salutations
4. Embellishments – Rich Razzleberry ribbon,
5. Tools – Little Leaves Die, Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder
6. Mediums – Crumb Cake ink, Rich Razzleberry ink

1 comment: