Saturday 24 November 2012

Comfort Cafe Scrapbooking

Hello and Happy Weekend! Today I have my Scrapbooking club plus 2 lovely ladies are coming to make the Christmas ornament so its busy busy!!!

I have been really organised this month and my layout was done by Monday and emailed to my ladies. We decided at the last class to use the Comfort Cafe papers as I fell in love with them when my talented downline Allie did a wonderful Inspiration Station with them (see below)


I wasnt sure which photos to use and then I found these comedy photos of my boys in the outdoor hot tub in Wales in 2011!! We have been to the same cottage 5 or 6 times and love it but this was the first year they had the hot tub and the boys christened it!! I have added the photo of the hills to show people how high up it was and how cold, wet and misty it was too!! The boys didnt care!!!




I cut the papers into various strips and gave them a good inking with the Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber. The word Welsh is from the Letter It alphabet and the Jacuzzi is from the new Simply Serif Mini Alphabet.


My ladies got 3 sheets of the papers included in their kit along with some Midnight Muse ribbon and some ribbon sliders from the Seasonal Catalogue


 I wanted to create some "bubbles" so I used the circle punches to make them in various sizes.



You can see on the next photo just how bad the weather was.




 I was really pleased with this bit of layering up. My ladies also got some of the Vintage trinkets included in their kit, which is where the safety pins came from


I hope you like my pages. I dont consider myself a scrapbooker by any means but I was pleased with these pages!

Julie x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated) 
1. Card – Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Pool Party
 2. Papers – Comfort Cafe
 3. Stamps – Letter It, Simply Serif Mini Alphabet
 4. Embellishments – VIntage Trinkets, Midnight Muse ribbon, Ribbon Sliders
 5. Tools – Apothecary Accents Framelits, Modern Label Punch, Circle punches
 6. Mediums – Crumb Cake ink, Midnight Muse marker

No comments:

Post a Comment