Wednesday 20 February 2013

Mother's Day Dress Up!

Hi there! Hope you didn't miss me too much yesterday after my little bloggy day off! As its the school holidays I am spending some time with my boys so the blog took a tiny back seat yesterday!! 

Today I am sharing a card which we made at Tuesday Club last night! The theme was for me to do a luxury Mother's Day card and this card falls into the "I love it so much I am sending it to myself" bracket! Do you ever get that???



I had some of the Tea for Two papers left over from our training, the ones with the script patterns on and I thought these would be perfect for the backing of our card - like First Edition but with a splash of colour and a few pictures. I LOVE the Dress Up framelits and have seen so many inspirational ideas on the internet for these! For this card I created a "tag" template and decided to punch holes in and tie them together with the Island Indigo Sale-A-Bration ribbon - free with every spend of £45.


There is lots of Crumb Cake inking on this card so the daubers were in full force last night - I think I need some new ones for next time :)


It was only after I took the photo I realised the necklace was hanging off - she has now been corrected and is all ship shape again! The little bow on the the dress is created using the fork technique. If you have never seen it before then check out You Tube!


The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen.



So a special card needs a special little box so was also made this to house the card!



Whilst the ladies were crafting away I also faffed about with this gift tag and made some extra flowers and used the Oval Framelits to make the tag!


Hope you like my projects. If you want to come to class and learn new techniques then please do get in touch with me. Email address is at the top of my blog.

Julie x
Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated) 
1. Card – Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral
 2. Papers – Tea for Two
 3. Stamps – Field Flowers, Delightful Dozen
 4. Embellishments – Pearls, Island Indigo ribbon, Crumb Cake Taffeta ribbon, Flower Trim, Primrose Petals ribbon
 5. Tools – Fork, Oval punches, Dress Up Framelits, Oval Framelits, Bird punch, Circle punch
 6. Mediums – Crumb Cake ink, Calypso Coral ink

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I am a Mother and would love to get something like this!! It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing these beautiful gifts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one Julie. Are the flowers made from card? Would love to know how. x

    ReplyDelete