Saturday 21 June 2014

An Ancient Greek project

The other evening I spent an hour or so going through my old blog posts. When I started my blog in 2007 my youngest son Evan was only 4 years old and I wasn't even doing Stampin Up then. I never realised that over the years I have shared quite a lot of photos of my boys and it was a lovely hour spent going over my blog and seeing how they have grown up into such lovely young chaps! I have been going through all my old photos and am sorting out getting them printed off in batches so I can do my Project Life, which I am still really enjoying. I have almost finished Evan's 4 years worth of dancing photos in just over a week, doing a little bit most days. So this week has been a bit of an end of an era for Evan as he prepares to spend his last few weeks at primary school. On Thursday he had his last ever Sports Day and yesterday he had Ancient Greek day and phew it's the last ever day he has to dress up!!!!

My downline Kylie kindly shared her Autumn Accents die with me and I set about cutting lots of gold leaves (I made one for Evan's best friend too). Stampin Up never fails to come in handy for projects of this nature and the gold sequins were perfect to string the leaves together and tie it around Evan's head!
 And here he is in his full costume. He looks quite happy to be having his photo take here but do not be deceived by his cute smile! We had a fair bit of moaning and groaning, as demonstrated in the last picture (couldn't resist sharing it!)
 I did feel a little bit of sadness for Evan this week but I know he is ready for a new journey and I have got lots of lovely photos of the primary school years just waiting to be documented!! Roll on 1st July when we can order some more kits!!!

If Project Life interests you then please do get in touch with me about my Project Life classes (starting 15th July) or my Project Life Hostess Club (starting 24th July)
Julie
shop now

No comments:

Post a Comment